Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hair coloring/highlight question?

I first started highlighting my hair 3 years ago but recently I've wanted to let my hair go back to it's natural color just so I don't have to deal with touching up roots and everything. I thought if I just let it grow out for a while that it would fade but it hasnt! And now I have this light brown color for the top half of my head and the bottom half is blonde! I've tried everything to fade the bottom but recently I have decided just to color or lowlight it one last time so that it'll grow out and I won't have to do anything every again! What should I ask my hair stylist to do so that my whole head is my natural hair color so that when it grows I won't have roots?Hair coloring/highlight question?
You could just dye the whole head in your natural colour so you dont have to go through the stress it worked for me (: good luckHair coloring/highlight question?
what she will have to do is color your hair as close to your natural color but it could take some time to match up correctly, especially since your roots are brown and the rest of your hair is blonde. I've done it and it is a pain but so nice when you finally get there.
well, highlights never fade because they bleach the color out of youre hair permanently, you could probably ask your hair stylist to dye your whole head back to your natural color, though that color will fade and you will prabably have to do it nultiple times
You should just die your whole head back to your natural color, the color your roots are.
I would say ask your stylist to dye it all back to your natural color so it will grow out evenly.
You cannot fade highlights. You can fade a color from your hair when the pigments are deposited ( semi-permanent colors). Highlights remove pigments from hair, that is why they won't ever fade on their own.


You can dye it all in a color close to your natural color, or try lowlights, but the roots will be noticeable ( not for most people, but you will notice them since you must look at yourself everyday in the mirror)





Cutting your hair is the best way to make sure you won't have roots.





Additional info: I have several friends who went blonde, and decided to go back to their natural brown color. After a while, due to sun, and shampooing, the brown would fade, so the tips of their hair was always a lighter shade of brown.





If you don't want to deal with regular color touch-ups I still believe that a haircut is your best bet.
  • myspace top
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment